April 17 Notes vs. Houston
· Chivas USA continued its struggles in Houston as the team fell by a 3-0 score to the Dynamo on Saturday afternoon. Geoff Cameron, Lovel Palmer, and Dominic Oduro each scored their first goals of the season to help the Dynamo to improve to 2-1-1 (W-L-T) this season, while the Red-and-White fell to 1-3-0. Chivas USA has never won at Houston.
· The Dynamo scored two goals in the first 20 minutes, opening the scoring when Corey Ashe played a through ball that Cameron ran onto and finished low past Zach Thornton in the Chivas USA net. In minute 20, Lovel Palmer made his MLS debut a memorable one with an excellent strike from distance. Another good sequence gave Houston its third in minute 65, when Brad Davis got behind the defense and fed a wide-open Oduro to give the Dynamo the 3-0 win.
· The Red-and-White made a few changes from last week’s win over New York, with Bornstein moving back to his position in left defense in place of Ante Jazic, and Jesús Padilla playing right midfield in his first start of the season. Jorge Flores also started, playing 45 minutes at left midfield.
· Midfielder Ben Zemanski made his MLS debut, entering the match at the beginning of the second half and playing central midfield alongside fellow rookie and University of Akron product Blair Gavin. Zemanski made several good tackles and passes in the first match of his professional career.
· The Red-and-White have Sunday off before returning to the training field on Monday at 11:00 a.m., and will train at 10:00 a.m. from Tuesday through Friday. The team then takes on the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday, April 24 at 7:30 p.m. PT at The Home Depot Center. For more information, or to purchase tickets, please call 1-877-CHIVAS-1 or click here.