2012 Crossbar Challenge Presented by Chivas USA - Friday, May 4
Put your skills to the test with the 2012 Crossbar Challenge Presented by Chivas USA! Take the challenge and see if you can put your skills on display by hitting the crossbar of a regulation size goal. You have one opportunity to show us you have what it takes and you could walk home with a check for $5,000 to put you on your way towards a college degree, official rules and information are below.
CHECK-IN Will run from 4-6pm, recipients will proceed in a first come first serve basis. All participants must have an accompanying guardian, a valid PAID ticket and a waiver.
TICKETS: To purchase tickets please click here. Team discounts are available by calling 1-877-244-8271.
LOCATION: The contest will take place at Field 5 of the Home Depot Center located at 18400 Avalon Blvd., Carson CA.
DOWNLOAD A FIELD MAP HERE
WAIVER: All participants MUST have a complete waiver filed out in its entirety. Waivers can be downloaded here:
DOWNLOAD WAIVER FORM HERE
PARKING: Parking information for the Home Depot Center can be found here:
CONTEST FORMAT: All participants shall be entitled to participate in the first round with a single kick from the penalty marker (12 yards). All individuals who are able to hit the crossbar shall proceed to the second round and to each successive round thereafter, provided that he or she successfully hits the crossbar in each round until there is only one contestant left. Balls will be provided. All skill levels are welcome.
PRIZE: The last person left standing will receive a $5,000 college scholarship on behalf of Chivas USA. The winner will be recognized at halftime of the Chivas USA vs Chicago Fire match on May 4th.
Chivas USA Crossbar Challenge Contest (“Contest”)
1. The Contest is open to all boys and girls ages 6 -17 (as of May 4, 2012), who are holders of a paid ticket for the May 4, 2012 soccer match between Chivas USA and Chicago Fire, at 8:00 p.m., at the Home Depot Center, except for the following:
(a) Employees or members and immediate families of Chivas USA Soccer, LLC, or “Chivas USA,” (collectively, the “Sponsor”); and
(b) Members, employees, and immediate families* of the Contest referees.
*Immediate families include spouses, parents, children, or any other household member.
2. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local rules and regulations apply. The validity of the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. The Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules, including any ambiguities. All decisions of the Sponsor and Contest referees are final and discretionary. With respect to any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Contest, the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the Superior Court of Los Angeles County, State of California, or to the U.S. District Court-Central District, Los Angeles.
1. All eligible participants must register and provide verification of age** by 6:00 p.m. on May 4, 2012 at the check-in booth at Practice Field #5 at the Home Depot Center athletic complex. Participants who have not checked-in shall not be permitted to participate.
2. The entire contest shall be conducted on Practice Field # 5.
3. All registrants shall be entitled to participate in the first round with a single kick from the penalty marker (12 yards). All individuals who are able to hit the crossbar shall proceed to the second round and to each successive round thereafter, provided that he or she successfully hits the crossbar in each round until there is only one contestant left.
4. If, in any round, none of the remaining participants successfully hit the crossbar, then all such remaining participants shall participate in another round and the Contest shall continue until there is only a single participant.
5. The goal shall be a regulation soccer goal (24 feet wide and 8 feet high). The soccer ball shall be an official FIFA size 5 ball.
6. All participants will be required to fill out a waiver which includes parental permission to participate in the contest. A parent must be present during the time that a participant is participating in the contest.
7. All participants must present their paid Chivas USA ticket for the match on May 4th vs the Chicago Fire, holders of complimentary tickets are not eligible to participate.
**Verification of age of the winner will be accomplished by providing any of following forms of identification: birth certificate and other picture identification, passport, school identification with birth date, or driver’s license.
A $5,000.00 scholarship.
1. Participants and their parents agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, all participants consent to the commercial use of their names, pictures, likenesses, recipes (with rights to edit or adapt those recipes) without further attribution, notification or compensation. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor, their respective members, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won.
2. All participants’ parents must sign the Release of Liability before participating in the Contest.
1. To receive Contest rules or obtain a copy of the Release of Liability visit the Chivas USA website at http://www.cdchivasusa.com/crossbarchallenge.