Just three days from Opening Match, Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber will present his March to Soccer address and will be available to media via live stream on the MLS YouTube channel and Google+ Hangout on Wednesday, Feb. 27, at 3 pm PT.
The commissioner's March to Soccer address will include the presentation of new league initiatives for 2013 and a Q&A with media members, according to a release from the league.
Watch Commissioner Garber’s address below starting at 3pm PT:
The first step moving towards Chivas USA’s 2013 season begins Monday afternoon as Major League Soccer will hold a Waiver Draft via conference call at 12:30 p.m. PT, with all clubs participating except for MLS Cup finalists Houston Dynamo and LA Galaxy. Each club will announce the results of the Waiver Draft separately.
As of Monday morning, the Goats have not yet released a list of players eligible for the draft; a full list of league-wide eligible players will be listed on the club’s site before the draft. Players available to Monday’s draft are those whom (1) are not in a club’s plans for 2013, and (2) are NOT re-entry draft eligible (the latter to be held Thursday, December 6). Such players will be available to clubs in the Waiver Draft via the waiver draft order. As with all players that clear waivers, any players not selected in the Waiver Draft will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Nov. 19, 2012 MLS Waiver Draft Selection Order (2012 finishes in brackets):
1. Toronto (23 pts)
2. Chivas USA (30 pts)
3. Portland (34 pts)
4. New England (35 pts)
5. Philadelphia (36 pts)
6. Colorado (37 pts)
7. FC Dallas (39 pts)
8. Montreal (42 pts)
9. Columbus (52 pts)
10. Vancouver (43 pts – Knockout Rd elimination)
11. Chicago (57 pts – Knockout Rd elimination)
12. Real Salt Lake (57 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
13. New York (57 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
14. Kansas City (63 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
15. San Jose (66 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
16. Seattle Sounders (56 pts – Conference Championship elimination)
17. DC United (58 pts – Conference Championship elimination)
18. Houston (53 pts – MLS Cup finalist)
19. LA Galaxy (54 pts – MLS Cup finalist)
Who was your Ortho Defender of the Match against FC Dallas? Cast your vote for Tim Melia, Ben Zemanski, Shalrie Joseph, Bobby Burling or Jorge Villafaña here:
Who was your Ortho Defender of the Match against FC Dallas? Cast your vote for Dan Kennedy, Bobby Burling, Shalrie Joseph, Ante Jazic or James Riley here: